Honestly, the way that 2018 is surprising me so far is turning out a little spooky! I feel so thankful for these incredibly kind gestures that have come my way this year so far. Blogging is proving to be hard-work, but in saying that, incredibly rewarding and beautiful too. When sharing these vulnerable pieces of ourselves, it’s really amazing to find out that someone is reading along, and that your words matter.
And for that, I would love to thank Becca, from Missing In Sight, for nominating this little corner of the internet for the Liebster Award! She is a sweet soul, who writes wonderfully about her experiences with mental health. You can check out her most recent post here. Our blogging community is lucky to have her!
The rules are:
- Create a new post thanking the person who nominated you.
- Provide a link to their blog.
- Include the award graphic.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Nominate 10 recently followed bloggers and share your post with them, so they can see it.
- Make a new set of 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
My questions from Missing In Sight are:
1. What is the most unusual item that can be found in your home/room? What do you think it says about your personality that you own this item? We have a 5ft tall, wooden giraffe called Rutherford (after the New Zealand physicist) standing in our living room, because giraffes are my husband’s favourite animals!
2. Whom do you most admire and why? I most admire my husband for his kindness, unconditional love, and generosity with his time and energy. He is everything to me.
3. If someone was to play you in a movie, who would it be? Amy Poehler, hands down.
4. What would be the name of your movie from #3? Haha, something that includes the words “life”, “messy”, “awkward” and “sometimes funny”.
5. What is the best material gift someone has given you? My engagement ring.
6. You have to give up one thing that you love for the rest of your life. What is it? Probably crunchy peanut butter, but as long as my dog can still have it! It’s her favourite very rare, very occasional, treat!
7. You win a large amount of money in the lottery. Do you keep working at your job or retire? Why? Keep working, because otherwise I would get bored, but be able to financially support us while looking for a more meaningful and fulfilling job.
8. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it? Not very long at all. I’m an introvert, so although I don’t mind being alone for a bit, I don’t think I would handle feeling trapped or imprisoned too well.
9. What’s your idea of a good time? A few of my closest people, the beach, no time restrictions. Just being free.
10. What’s one thing you would rather pay someone else to do than yourself? Why? Parallel parking. Need I say more?
11. What is your greatest pet peeve? How would you handle it? People that are rude and nasty to customer service staff. I’ve got zero time or energy for them.
My questions for my nominees are:
- What is your favourite song and why?
- Where is the best place you have ever been?
- What is something truly amazing that you have seen?
- Who is your role model?
- If you were only able to eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s a weird dream you have had recently?
- How has your day been today?
- How did you come up with your blog’s name?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- Of your own blog posts, what one is your favourite (and please link it, so we can have a read!)?
- Where would you most like to travel to?
My nominations for the Liebster Award are:
I have only begun to follow each of these blogs very recently, yet I admire their honesty and authenticity in our blogging world. I’m looking forward to watching their blogs grow, and reading about their adventures. Thank-you for sharing your stories with us, and sending lots of hugs your way!