All these sweet, little surprises are flying my way so far this year! I’m so excited for how this blog is growing and changing and shimmying about. The wonderful Girl With The Paw Print Tattoo nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. Thank-you, so very much, for this incredibly kind gesture! She writes honestly and genuinely about her experiences, and overall is a thoughtful, kind, and strong human bean. You can check out here blog here; it’s one of my favourites!
The Mystery Blogger Award:
“It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
Created by Okoto Enigma.
The rules are:
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
My questions from Girl With The Paw Print Tattoo are:
1. If you could be any famous person in history, who would you want to be? Probably either Jane Goodall, or David Attenborough, not that they are really “in history”, but they are too cool to not choose.
2. Would you rather lose all of your money and valuables or all of the pictures you have ever taken? This one had me stumped. Maybe all the pictures I have ever taken?
3. What would be the absolute worst name you could give your child? I think the word that I dislike the most is probably “rancid”, even writing it makes me feel icky, so we’ll go with that.
4. If you could be a fictional character in any book, who would you be and from what book? Hands down Hermione Granger, from the Harry Potter series.
5. Can you recommend your favorite movies to me that you think I might enjoy? It depends on what kind of movies you like! For a drama, Darren Aronofsky’s Mother!, an analogy about environmental destruction, was incredibly moving and meaningful. In recommending this, however, I must also warn that while it is an incredible film, it’s disturbing and cruel to view, so I definitely don’t recommend watching it if it could be harmful to anyone’s journey. For something a bit more light-hearted, we have watched Jake Kasdan’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle recently, and it is both funny and adventurous; a definite favourite.
Three things about me are:
- My absolute favourite native bird is Petroica macrocephala (check it out, they are the cutest little fellas), ever since my ecology class went on a field trip to the forest and mountains last year. One morning we got up really early, and went hiking to watch the sunrise. These sweet creatures were up too, and I cannot describe how incredible these moments were – watching the sunrise through the fog on the mountains, with them dancing about – it really was something else.
- My favourite song is To Build a Home, by The Cinematic Orchestra, followed closely by Home, by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. The make me really happy and also want to cry, all at once. The best songs are those with too many feelings, right?
- Swimming in the ocean is something I adore with my whole heart. I have so many good memories of essentially growing up in the sea with my friends, and it is something that will always remain special to me.
My nominations for the Mystery Blogger Award are:
Each of these blogs (and the beautiful souls behind them) produces wonderful, honest content, which is such a privilege to read. I want to thank them for sharing their stories with the blogging world; hearing the experiences of others is vast and brilliant.
My questions for my nominees:
- What is your favourite song and why?
- How has your blogging changed since you first began?
- Where is your most favourite place?
- If there was a movie about you, who would you want to play your character?
- What is your favourite word and why?
I am looking forward to reading answers, but I completely understand if these awards aren’t your jam, or if you don’t have time! I hope everybody is having a good day today, wherever in the world you have your feet planted.